[Serusers] Polycom IP 601 help needed

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Thu Feb 22 15:01:56 CET 2007

Andrey Kuprianov wrote:
> Please, do not cross-post!

I normally do not but given the history of phone related questions it
seemed appropriate to cross post. A search on this topic produced
partial answers in each community but thanks for the tip.
> Use some sniffer (Ethereal, tcpdump, etc) to check if phone does make
> a SRV lookup, because it should. Are you absolutely sure your SRV
> records are intact?
Yes my environment is working just fine. we have close to 900 production
phones working. This is an issue with Polycoms.

> And, no, you definitely cannot make it perform a lookup, unless you
> have an explicit setting or smth.. What's wrong with IP address
> anyway?

Thanks for the general comments.

-Steve