[Serusers] Polycom IP 601 help needed

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Thu Feb 22 14:48:37 CET 2007

  I have been given the task of getting a Polycom IP 601 running SIP
v2.0.1.0291 to register with our SER proxy and be able to interact with
our Asterisk server for voice mail. The Asterisk server currently sends
unsolicited NOTIFY messages to turn on/off the message waiting light.

  Most of the configuration is working however I cannot get the phone to
register with SER if I set the voIpProt.server.1.address to the SRV name
of our SIP domain. The only way the phone will register is if I set this
parameter to the IP address of our SER server which is something we do
not want to do.

  Is there any way to make this phone perform a SRV lookup for the
server address?

Thanks,Steve