[Serusers] Rewriting To: field

Stéphane Alnet stephane at carrierclass.net
Wed Feb 21 12:50:35 CET 2007

Hello,

I am doing interop testing with Level3, and need to be able to rewrite
the To: field in requests to match their requirements. I can fake the
rewrites inside route[], but although the packets sent out look like
they use the new "To:", the header is never parsed again, so the
internal structures of SER still hold the former (incorrect) value.
When a request hit failure_route[] (for example when a CANCEL is sent
when an INVITE times out) the original, incorrect To: header is then
sent (and there's no way to modify the content of the CANCEL from
within failure_route[]).

Is there a standard way to alter the internally-stored value for To:
(and From:, since I'm asking)?
If not, could someone point me to the right place in the code to start
adding this kind of feature?

Thanks,
Stéphane Alnet

--