[Serusers] SER Nokia CANCEL Problem

Bogdan Pintea pintea at iptego.de
Mon Feb 19 16:56:38 CET 2007

Jiri Kuthan wrote:
> It appears that there are two things mixed together. The 100 is sent upstream
> whereas the problem appears downstream. Not sending 100 downstream doesn't
> solve the race conditions located downstream.
>
> The problem is that SER doesn't delay sending the CANCEL, it just gives up
> on it.

As a side observation regarding to protocol's fault tolerance / race
prone, it would seem there's no way for a stateful proxy to let a callee
(1) whose provisional reply got lost (or not sent, in the first place,
as provisionals is a MUST only for stateful proxies), but (2) whose
final answer was received, about the fact that the call was canceled in
the meantime, even though the proxy has the clear picture - and the only
one that can have it - at the moment it sees the final reply from
callee; (callee which will, however, time out, eventually, waiting for
the ACK).

Bogdan.