[Serusers] Linksys WRT54GL w/DD-WRT voip (SIPatH) & external registration

Bruce bruce4y at aim.com
Sat Feb 17 10:15:02 CET 2007

Does anybody has the experience with the Linksys router WRT54GL running
DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) voip (SIPatH) firmware? I would like to
register one external phone at another registrar through the router
(using Outbound proxy). I have modified the ser.cfg to process external
requests:

        if (method=="REGISTER")
        {
                if (src_ip==192.168.0.0/16 or src_ip==172.16.0.0/12 or
src_ip==10.0.0.0/8 or src_ip==X.Y.0.0/16)

where X.Y.z.t is the WAN IP address of the SIP Phone on the Internet

but unfortunately I have discovered the router is dropping incoming
external SIP packets and not passing them to the SIPatH server for
processing. Processing of local LAN SIP requests works fine. The router
has the LAN address 10.0.0.138. Forwarding the port 5060 to 10.0.0.138
does not help. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Main goal is to
allow external phone, registered at another registrar trough the router,
to call local LAN SIP phones (and back) trough the SIPatH.