[Users] Cisco 7960 phones

Stephen Varga varga at zbzoom.net
Wed Feb 21 20:30:53 CET 2007

Scott

You can set the password in the SIPDefault.cnf

I add the following line to the SIPDefault.cnf file
    phone_password: "adgjm"

Makes it real easy to get into config mode until you get your settings
the  way  you want them, then I use a more unique specific one in the
SIP<mac-address>.cnf file for each phone.

You can get to the SIP code documentation on the Cisco website without a
login. It does a pretty good job of describing the parameters and the
various config files.

As Atle mentioned the default is 'cisco' until you set it in a config file.

Steve