[Users] SDP Parser

Michel Bensoussan michel at extricom.com
Mon Feb 19 16:26:54 CET 2007

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Parsing the SDP does not give you the used codec as there may be
> several codecs in the SDP and you do not know which codec is used by
> the clients.
This is true for INVITE message but as I understand (but I'm not
familiar with SIP), in the OK message, we can determine which codec is
used. No?

> But for example you can use mediaproxy. Mediaproxy allows you to
> retrieve the status of all current calls (codecs, bandwidth, ...)
Well, the mediaproxy module needs an external proxy server. So it seems
to be too heavy for my needs.
The real time session statistics (from MediaProxy Server) will be very
useful but I'm not sure it's a good idea to use the server it if I don't
need the NAT traversal features.