[Users] nathelper and flag 2

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Tue Feb 13 17:36:03 CET 2007

Hi,

Today I found a UAC which is *not* located behind NAT (public IP
1.2.3.4) and sends this Via-Header, which seems perfectly valid
according to RFC3261:

SIP/2.0/UDP VINNASUP06C:5060;maddr=1.2.3.4;branch=z9hG4bK-2198d2

I used to check for nated clients using nat_uac_test("3"), which detects
NAT in this case, because the host-part doesn't match the
received-address. So is the test-flag "2" useless, since the host-part
can be "hostname / IPv4address / IPv6reference", or should this
particular test be extended to also check for the maddr-parameter?

In the meanwhile, I've changed my nat-test to "17" for only testing
Contact and Via-Port instead of Contact and Via-Address, but it's still
not optimal.

Any opinions on this?

Andreas

This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence. Thank you for your cooperation.