[Users] Presence server -Confused about the Notify

Anca-Maria Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Tue Feb 13 11:07:09 CET 2007

Hello,

H Quintana wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm  a newbie with the SIMPLE extensions. This week I
>started using the presence server module (with the
>configuration suggested in the wiki and 2 X-lite's)
>
>The softphones are sending the SUBSCRIBE and the
>PUBLISH messages.  The NOTIFYs are received for the
>Event presence.winfo with some XML content:
>
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><watcherinfo
>xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:watcherinfo" version="0"
>state="full">
>  <watcher-list resource="sip:10092011 at a.b.c.d"
>package="presence"/>
></watcherinfo>
>
>But, when I add each softphone as a Contact for the
>other there is no XML content for the Event presence,
>and the contact's status never changes even if I do
>multiple changes.
>
>I noticed that in the table xcap_xml there is no data,
> Should I put some information manually? or the
>information should be inserted when receiving the
>PUBLISH?
>
>Am I missing something?
>
>Any ideas?

You should try seting the "force_active" module parameter to 1.
eg: modparam("presence", "force_active", 1) .

I think that the problem might be that if this parameter is 0, the
modules checks for
the status of the subscription in the xcap table and because it finds it
empty the
subscriptions remain in the 'pending ' state causing Notify with no body.

>> Thanks for your help,
>>

>> Humberto Quintana

Best regards,

 Anca Vamanu