[Users] SIP Proxy - CAC

Michel Bensoussan michel at extricom.com
Wed Feb 7 15:07:17 CET 2007

Hello,

I need to write a CAC (Call Admission Control) module for an 802.11 AP
(Access Point).
The idea is to use a SIP Proxy to monitoring bandwith utilization, for
example according to codec, and allow or disallow new sessions,
depending on resources.
I'm thinking using OpenSER for this purpose.
On a first stage I want to install a SIP Proxy on the AP (embedded with
OS Linux) and on a second stage adding the CAC feature.
There is many modules in OpenSER and I'm not sure which one I should use
for a SIP Proxy.

I'm learning about SIP but my knowledge is limited (till last week I
never heard about it).

Thank you for advising.

Regards,
Michel.