[Serusers] Newbie Problems: MySQL support in SER

frq ser frq.ser at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 19 14:08:56 CET 2007

Hi,

Further to my previous email, there is another problem for which I
need help. While trying to add MySQL support, I could not find the
file src/sip_router/Makefile (as asked in the Getting started document
(http://siprouter.onsip.org/doc/gettingstarted/ch11s05.html). The
Makefile for the SER in the base directory (/lhome/.../ser/Makefile)
does not refer to MySQL in the exclude_modules line (Note the ? after
exclude_modules). Here is the excerpt from the Makefile:

# if not set on the cmd. line or the env, exclude this modules:
exclude_modules?=                       cpl ext extcmd \
                                                        postgres snmp \
                                                        im \
                                                        jabber mysql \
                                                        cpl-c \
                                                        auth_radius
group_radius uri_radius avp_radius \
                                                        pa

Does that mean that MySQL is already installed? How can I check if
MySQL is already installed on my machine? I also found the following
code in the Makefile but I am not sure what it means.

.PHONY: dbinstall
dbinstall:
        - at echo "Initializing ser database"
        scripts/ser_mysql.sh create
        - at echo "Done"
.
.
.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help.
Frq