[Serusers] SIP Express Bundle - let's get started

Mike Trest - Personal Mike at Trest.COM
Mon Dec 17 15:40:21 CET 2007

At 09:10 AM 12/17/2007, Greger V. Teigre wrote:
>Sounds good, Mike.
>As we use berlios.de, there's really no official CVS maintainer, so
>my comment is as good as any.

That is a stable CVS.  I only asked for maintainer  as standard
courtesy to be able to check-in ongoing documentation for the project
if such materials are to be stored there.

>Why do you need a mirror?
Only offered if team see a need for a separate site for safety or
separate "read-only" distribution overhead.

>I'm sure we can create a new cvs module in the official repository
>(though we may want to evaluate whether to use berlios' subversion instead).

My best developers friends in US and CA are in various stages of
moving from old CVS to subversion.
It started as personal preference based on
ease-of-use.   Functionality of SVN is moving onward and correcting
some traditional 'pain' associated with CVS when used by multiple
active users.  Client side tools available and growing too.

>If we use subversion, you can use svk to create a mirror.

Yup.  "It supports repository mirroring, disconnected operation,
history-sensitive merging, and integrates with other version control
systems, as well as popular visual merge tools. "

A PERL script to automate smart mirroring within your own subversion
site was made available in 2005.  I do not know how widely it is
used.  But my guys liked it as a way to be even more selective.
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=32596&attachId=1