[Serusers] Is SER for me ?

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Sun Dec 9 13:44:48 CET 2007

Charalampos Alexopoulos wrote:
> Hi
> Sorry if this is a stupid question, but before i dive to SIP protocol
> and SER configuration i would like to know if SER doing what i need.
> What i want to do is to make voip phone calls with my friends without to
> use some voip provider like skype.
> Is the SIP the correct think for this ?
> Is the SER implementation suitable ?
>
> Thank you in advance
> Charalampos Alexopoulos

SER is exactly what you want.  Although, as Greger says, there are many
free providers out there that can provide you with service already
(IPtel, IdeaSIP, Gizmo Project, FWD, etc, etc, etc).

However, if you're interested in learning about SIP, or you specifically
want to set things up yourself for whatever reason, then yes... SER is
the way to go. It IS, however, somewhat of a steep learning curve, so be
warned. We're in the process of making strides toward having a SER
service ready to go with minimal effort, but it's not QUITE there yet.

N.