[Serusers] myself value

franz.edler at inode.at franz.edler at inode.at
Thu Dec 6 13:44:14 CET 2007

Hi Evgeny,

> I defined at ser.cfg to listen on port 5066 instead of default 5060
> port, saved changes and restarted the SER.

As a consequence you also should
- change the DNS SRV records to point to port 5066,
- or configure all clients to use the SER-IP:port as an outbound proxy.

> At Wireshark sniffer I see that there is an ICMP--> Destination Port
> Unreachable response on all sip REGISTER requests arrived from various
> endpoints at my setup.

Obviously these are related to REGISTER requests addressed to the default
port, where SER does not listen anymore.

> As far as I understand this means that configured 5066 port is not bound
> with SER application.

No. 5066 is bound to SER application, but the ICMP messages are produced
by SIP requests targetted to port 5060.

Franz