[Serusers] Problems with syslog and mysql on version 0.96

Michael Roeper m.roeper at wenzel-elektronik.de
Mon Dec 3 15:08:45 CET 2007

Hi,

    we have SER version 0.96 running on a debian system using mysql for
user authentication.
Everything works fine as long as we use the standard logging to
/var/log/syslog.

When we change the logging to use another syslog facility (e.g.
log_facility=LOG_LOCAL0 in ser.cfg)
all messages are written to the file specified in syslog.conf, but the
users are not able to register to ser. It looks as if the db-connection
to the mysql database is not available.

Has anybody observed this behaviour and can provide a hint ?

We appreciate any kind of help.
Kind regards,
Michael

Dr.Michael Roeper        Email: m.roeper at wenzel-elektronik.de
Wenzel Elektronik GmbH   Tel.: 04121/4872-69
Max-Planck-Str. 2-4      Fax : 04121/4872-18
25335 Elmshorn           http://www.wenzel-elektronik.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Elmshorn
Registergericht: Pinneberg, HRB 1974 EL
USt-IdNr.: DE 812946778
Geschäftsführung: Dipl. Ing Jörg Simon, Dr. Volker Henkel