[OpenSER-Users] Some issues with Session-Timer module

Franz Edler franz.edler at inode.at
Mon Dec 31 12:26:04 CET 2007

Hi,
I have just made some tests with sst-module (OpenSER v1.3) and I found the
following two issues:

I case the min-se value of sst-module is higher than the Session-Expires
header field of a received INVITE OpenSER rejects the INVITE request with
422 response (that's as expected). But:

1. the Min-SE header field in 422 response (packet 18 in attached trace)
does not end with CR/LF so that it is concatenated with the next header
field (Server header)

syslog prints in this case: ERROR:sst:sst_dialog_terminate_CB: DID
0xb5582d80 failed (canceled). Terminating session.

2. OpenSER in addition continues to forward the already rejected INVITE
transaction with "100 Giving a try"(packet 19) and forwards the INVITE to
the UAS (packet 20).

The next issue I discovered is with the UAC (Xlite): The repeated INVITE
(caused by the 422 Response) does not increment the CSeq header field so
that it is regarded as same request leading to a "482 Merged request"
rejection at the UAS (Eyebeam).

I have attached the tcpdump-trace and the according SIP-scenario trace.

Any comments appreciated.

Regards
Franz