[OpenSER-Users] Fix up source address.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Dec 29 00:30:45 CET 2007

Greetings,

I have a strange problem using OpenSER 1.3.x with nathelper.

Two ethernet interfaces:

eth0 = 192.168.0.0/24
eth1 = outside.ip/29

For some reason, no matter what I do to mangle the requests with
nathelper's functions, the packet is *always* sent out of eth1 with
the *source address* of the machine's eth0.  Obviously, the response
from the far-end SIP peer never gets back.

The packet does physically go over eth1, I know that much from packet
captures.  I don't even see how this is possible;  when OpenSER issues
a packet, shouldn't it originate according to the machine's routing
table, take the most specific route, and consequently, adopt the right
source address?

What gives?

I have OpenSER 'listening' on both interfaces, and have tried both on and
off with this setting.

Thanks,

--
Alex Balashov