[OpenSER-Users] What is the difference?

David Villasmil Govea david.villasmil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 19:21:31 CET 2007

> El Wednesday 19 December 2007 13:20:07 I?aki Baz Castillo escribi?:
> > El Wednesday 19 December 2007 13:15:35 David Villasmil Govea escribi?:
> > > What's the difference between
> > >
> > > setbflag and setflag
> > > ??
> >
> > http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/utils:flags
>
> Note that if you use setbflag into a "route" you set the bflag for ALL the
> branches (there could be more than one branch because pararell forking and
> so).
>
> If you want to set bflag just for a branch you should use "setbflag"
> into "branch_route".
>
> And NEVER do "isbflagset" into a "route" since the result can be
> unexpectable
> (if a branch has that bflag active and other one not active, "isbflagset"
> in "route" could return 1 or 0 depending on which branch examinates
> before).

I ask, because i had this cfg file that was working perfectly with
nat/rtpproxy. I replace it with a new cfg that was using bflag instead of
flag. client-rtpproxy-client rtps stopped working. When i replace those
bflags with regular flags it started working again!...

Also, as i read there, "per branch" means each location... talking about
location, is there a reason a client would have 98 almost exactly alike
locations? but for the id, they're the same... weird. And i started seeing
lots of "max branch exceeded" on the syslog. We do not limit branches
because a client could have his softphone and ata logged in...

thanks a lot