[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER as SIP Proxy for PSTN Gateway

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Dec 12 21:11:09 CET 2007

El Miércoles, 12 de Diciembre de 2007, Andy Smith escribió:

> I have configure Asterisk to SIP register to OpenSER, all works ok here and
> Asterisk sees OpenSER as a SIP peer and channel. The bit Im not getting is
> that when someone dials a number from a handset connected to Asterisk that
> needs to route out via OpenSER, Asterisk seems to pass the username and
> password credentials of the handset to OpenSER. Firstly if its going to do
> this, then what is the point of SIP registering Asterisk as its
> authenticating ever session as individual entities anyway, secondly this
> isnt scaleable :(

Repeat 1000 times with me: XDDDDD

Register is used JUST to **RECEIVE** calls, not to send calls.

SIP uses http-digest autentication. This means: in **EVERY** INVITE a proxy
wnat to authenticate the client (Asterisk) receives a challenge from the
proxy and the client must generate a hash (a response) with its credentials
and the nonce received.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo