[OpenSER-Users] [Spam:10.1] Parallel forking to loopback problem - for ringing multiple numbers at same time, simulring

Christian Schlatter cs at unc.edu
Wed Dec 5 04:48:58 CET 2007

Dave,

Dave Singer wrote:
> When I test with a simple forward to a single PSTN number,
> in the loopbacked session, I rewrite the ruri accordingly with real dest
> user and real ip address.
> the ruri shows what I want in the logs just before t_relay and exit and
> in branch_route[1]
> after last log entry from branch_route, I have in the log:
>   ERROR:core:udp_send: sendto(sock,0xb619d954,1376,0,0xb619ba6c,16):
> Invalid argument(22)
>   CRITICAL:core:udp_send: invalid sendtoparameters one possible reason
> is the server is bound to localhost and attempts to send to the net

I looks like this log message explains what is going wrong here. Per
design, every openser worker process is bound to one single UDP or TCP
socket. That means that processes listening on localhost are not able to
forward SIP messages to an external network.

You can check this behavior by issuing

# openserctl fifo ps

and then do

# lsof -p <PID of openser process>

Try to use the sip proxy's public IP for loopback:

   sip:5551239876@<SIP proxy public IP>
   sip:localuser3@<SIP proxy public IP>
   sip: 5553216548@<SIP proxy public IP>

/Christian