[OpenSER-Users] Remove header from Cancel

Tue Dec 4 17:16:01 CET 2007

Jarkko Nevala schrieb:
> Hello.
>
> Is it possible to remove Route: -header from Cancel requests. I have an
> user agent that inserts Route: -header in Cancel requests. I've already
> tried to get rid of it with remove_hf("Route") function, but it did not
> have any effect. From what I understand is, that this header is quite
> unnecessary in a stateful proxy, because the Cancel messages are handled
> hop-by-hop basis. It's just that it causes problems at the next hop proxy.
>
> I didn't even know about this problem with the UA before I started using
> the development version of OpenSER, the 1.2.2 version removed the Route:
> -header automatically before relaying Cancel forward.

CANCEL generation was changed in 1.3.

maybe it is due to this commit:
  2489 2007-10-05 15:11  Bogdan-Andrei Iancu, <bogdan at voice-system
dot ro>
  2490
  2491 	* [r2873] modules/tm/t_cancel.h, modules/tm/t_fwd.c:
  2492 	  - fixed cancel processing - follow the RFC3261 indication and
do all
  2493 	  the
  2494 	  time hop by hop cancelling (even for generating the CANCELS).
  2495 	  Now, when a CANCEL is received, it will simply be replied (no
fwd) and
  2496 	  then all branched of the corresponding INVITE transaction will be
  2497           locally cancelled. This will fix the auto-from-fixing
(when doing
  2498 	  uac_replace_from()) of the CANCEL requests.
  2499 	  Known issue (so far): accouting of CANCEL transactions will
fail as
  2500 	  they are not fwd, but locally replied.

regards
klaus