[Serusers] why combine ser with asterisk

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Fri Aug 24 09:27:41 CEST 2007

Hm, I don't agree with that comparison ;-)
Asterisk is a PBX, SEMS is a platform for specific applications. There
are some common pre-developed applications that easily can be set up
(like a conference bridge, play announcements etc). However, if you need
a PBX with lots of features, you don't start with SEMS.

I would rather compare Asterisk to a pick-up truck and SEMS to the
Porsche. Use the truck for pretty much any work, but the Porsche is made
for speed... :-)

Using Asterisk as only a conference bridge and playing announcements is
like using the pick-up truck to move your 12-piece china...
g-)