[Serusers] why combine ser with asterisk

Nhadie nhadie at tbgi.net.ph
Thu Aug 23 15:38:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

Thank You for your reply. I now get the part where Asterisk has features
that can be used by ser.
Just some questions on this one:

"If you're careful, you can configure Asterisk NOT to handle the media
stream and still use it for prepaid solutions (using astcc or
asterisk-b2bua), and this will save you bandwidth (but you'll still
likely run into NAT issues that need to be dealt with somehow) and still
let you use Asterisk as an in-between point. "

Does that mean only SIP messages will be passed thru the asterisk not
the voice?  How can I do that in ser? If i do a rewritehostport on ser
to asterisk, will that also send the voice to asterisk?
Thanks again in advanced.

Regards,
Nhadie