[Serusers] why combine ser with asterisk

Umut Emin jsbach at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 23 13:33:00 CEST 2007

Hei Nhadie,

i think there are some classifications which has to be made:
SER is a software for signalling which is not responsible for
media processing.  You can couple Asterisk with SER if you
want to enhance your services with Voicemails, announcements
and conferences. Hence asterisk is not the only open souce
solution (see SEMS from iptel) for that.

Greetz,

--
Umut Emin

	"Find all you need in your mind"	-Dream Theater