[Serusers] NOTIFY header construction for mid-dialog presence event package

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 12:20:09 CEST 2007

2007/8/6, Vaclav Kubart <vaclav.kubart at iptel.org>:

> On Po, srp 06, 2007 at 11:41:46 +0200, samuel wrote:
> > I'll give a try to this parameter...I didn't pay enough attention to the
> > serdev mail....
> >
> > Maybe a reasonable approach would be to be able to define a presence
> > outbound proxy (as it's done in presence_b2b) and you can set up
> "easily" a
> > separate presence proxy or route the messages to yourself so you can
> process
> > it again in your config script. This would, however, break just a little
> bit
> > 3261 routing algorithm....easy but I don't like it...
>
> Good idea. :-) I like it much more than calling script routes from
> presence
> modules. And it is much easier to implement it.
>
> But similar effect could be probably got by forwarding the SUBSCRIBE
> request once more to itself if it will be needed to process the NOTIFYs
> by nathelper. (Adds a step to routes where can be the "deNATification"
> done.)

This will only complicate routing script  beyond human understanding :P....
I don't like the looback-routing algorithms unless it's more than necessary.

> > Thinking loud...what about Path or Service-Route headers compatibility
> in
> > presence modules?? Setting up these headers would allow flexible routing
> > while keeping compliancy to standards...Can this be achieved with
> > 2.0release and select framework??
>
> Sorry, we don't support these in presence modules...

I know ;)
It was more a wish for TM module to support these headers.....kind of use
case for enforce its inclusion in further release roadmap.

        Vaclav