[Serusers] dealing with parallel forking ...

Cesc Santa cesc.santa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 16:34:44 CEST 2007

Hi,

Question is: how do you deal with the multiple 200 OK responses that
parallel forking in ser (using append_branches and then
t_forward_nonack) deliver?

I am doing some tests and it is not really a problem ... but maybe
someone has a better idea. In my configuration, the first 200 OK
received is forwarded to the caller and the whole SIP session setup
(caller + 1st callee).
Next 200 OKs are also delivered to the caller, who happily ignores
them ... it is the task of the 2nd (and 3rd, ... ) callee to at a
certain point give up and send a BYE, to which the caller replies with
481 no call leg ...
It all works ... but, I wonder if ser could send CANCELs after
receiving the 1st 200 OK ... if yes, how? :)

I have a route_reply setup ... but only the first 200 OK gets shown
... next 200 OKs are not matched to any transaction and thus
"silently" forwarded ... (via)

Cesc