[OpenSER-Users] Issue on MediaProxy Module

Sergio Gutierrez saguti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 21:42:33 CEST 2007

Hello all.

Currently, we have deployed OpenSER using mediaProxy for natted users, and
it has happened to us the following issue, which we consider would be worth
to be had present:

When MediaProxy server is not able to answer because of any problem
(Overloading, Temporary unavailableness, etc), Openser gets frozen and it is
not able to answer any request.

In our setup, Openser is running on Sun Fire T2000, and MediaProxy was
running on Sun Fire V240 (Dual Processor), both running Solaris 10.
It seems that mediaproxy does not scale well on SMP hardware (As it was
discussed in list these days), and it overload, but we confimed the issue
related to MediaProxy timeout, and we saw that anyway, OpenSER got frozen.

Thanks for your attention.

Kind Regards.

Sergio Gutiérrez.