[Serusers] Help: I can't hear audio although I receive the RTP packets

Victor Huertas Garcia vhuertas at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 15:44:23 CEST 2007

Hello all,

My problem is one of the most strange problems I have ever found.
I am using a SER (v0.8.14) configured to support Nated endpoints.
I make a call from a NATed SIP endpoint towards another endpoint which is
not NATed (static NAT IP to IP translation).
Everything seems to work well, as all the mechanism to solve NAT are
triggered and all the packets (SDP part) are correctly translated by the
SER.
I captured all the SIP packets and the call is correctly established. I can
see how the NATed endpoint send and receive RTP packets with no problem
(aparently). Even all RTP ports are correct according to the previous
negotiation (SDP) between both endpoints. Moreover, the negotiated codecs
are fully supported.

What is happening is REALLY rare... I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING AT ALL.

All audio is well configured and enable. What's more, as soon as I take out
the NAT, I make the same call to the same destination and voila! RTP packets
are received and HEARD!!! The voice codecs used for communications are
exactly the same as the ones used with NAT.

I have checked every single packet and SIP message and everything seems
OK... I don't what I can do.

Any idea? I have packet captures. Anyone who wants to have a look, please
tell me.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Victor