[Serusers] how-to "loop" in the ser.cfg file

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Tue Apr 17 12:04:15 CEST 2007

Hello:

  I need to perform a check several times within a failure_route and I'm
not sure how to accomplish this task.

  The way I implemented sequentially hunting I perform the relay to the
first number in the hunt list within route block 0. If this number is
unavailable I "fail" to a failure block then interate through the
remaining numbers in the huntlist in that failure route but this
presents a problem.

  All of the "feature" and "call permission" checks which I normally
perform on an extension are only performed in route block 0. This means
I am not checking the feature and call permission flags for the 2nd
through Nth number in the huntlist once I enter the failure route.

  I created a route block to perform the necessary checks but the
problem is I do not see how to return to the failure route if the
feature check for a given number fails.

  For example. If the t_relay to extension 1234 fails I will enter
failure_route #1. In failure_route #1 I load the next extension, 2345,
but if the call permission check for 2345 fails how do I skip this
number in the huntlist, load the next number in the list and repeat the
failure_route #1 processing?

Thanks,Steve