[Serusers] SER, SEMS voicemail and

Meidiana Ten gotcha_em at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 15:59:53 CEST 2007

Hi,
  Thanx very much for replying this fast..
  I'm having SER v.0.9.6 as server.
  Just now, I tried to re-configure my SER script
  and I place the forwarding script before subscriber lookup and the voicemail works perfectly now. Btw, thanx before..
  What I'm confusing now is the usage of voicemail and mailbox.
  As I know from the tutorials, voicemail is used for storing voice message which a caller left for negative reply callee and mailbox is to store the the message. Is that right?
  What I got here is, whoever a caller left a voice message for, voicemail is directly store in /var/spool/mail/root, and the <To> header is always fill with root at localhost.
  What file can I configure so the <To> header can be dynamic depend on who the caller leave the message for?
  Then, when I tried to call mailbox (113), my voicemail config log appears that the mailbox application not found? What is that matter?
  Sorry if my questions alittle bit confusing..
  Thanx again

Regards,

  Meidiana
sip <sip at arcdiv.com> wrote:
    Forwarding a call to SEMS should be done on the server side. Trying to do it via the client side adds in a whole new level of annoyance and complexity, and I've honestly never gotten client-side forwards to work right from X-lite.

What version of SER are you using?  Have you looked at the SEMS setup configs?  What does the portion of your SER config look like where you send a call to SEMS?

N.

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:25:55 -0700 (PDT), Meidiana Ten wrote