[Serusers] Best platform for SER --->please suggest some thing

Nick Hoffman nick.hoffman at voxpak.com
Sat Sep 30 05:05:40 CEST 2006

On Fri September 29 2006 23:53, "sip" <sip at arcdiv.com> wrote:
> We run SER quite happily on HP DL360g4 servers. It gives us some
> redundancy with a hardware raid mirror and dual power supplies, the
> footprint is very small (1U), and with dual Xeon 3Ghz processors, it
> screams through a lot of calls per second.
>
> As an OS, we're running CentOS 4.4, and it works exceptionally well.
>
> Everyone has his own ideas of what make the best servers, though. Your
> mileage may vary.
>
> N.

Hey there. I'm curious as to what made you decide on CentOS. I've been
hearing a lot about it over the past 6-12 months, but haven't checked it
out yet as I'm a Debian fan.

Cheers,
-- Nick
e: nick.hoffman at voxpak.com
p: +61 7 5591 3588
f: +61 7 5591 6588

If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us and do not make any
use of the email.  We do not waive any privilege, confidentiality or
copyright associated with it.