[Serusers] Scaling SER

Tracy Lofton tracylofton_1 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 18 23:47:51 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am nowhere near at your level, i mainly perform experimentations on my own
behalf.  But I read alot.  I have read about the sip router being able to
load a 1,000,000 location records within 256MB of memory and that you may
need extra memory for active calls and message processing.  Calling rate
should be considered with regard to CPU power for amount of subscribers.

So, final recommendation was to go with servers handling different set of
subscribers and implementing  a failover, per server.

Actually, I remember one spot where i read some of this data, at this link
here:

http://www.voipuser.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6327&highlight=scaling

Hope this helps you some.

Tracy