[Serusers] mysql.so file missing...?

prabhakar g prabhakar06 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 21:10:43 CEST 2006

hi everybody i am installing mysql ,and installing ser-0.9.6 with make and
make install but when i am runnig my ser i am not able to find mysql.so file
please let me know how to make changes in make file to load mysql.so file

i am new to this please give me commands to load mysql.so module file
 this how i am installing mysql

cd /usr/local

wget
http://mirror.services.wisc.edu/mysql/Downloads/MySQL-4.0/mysql-4.0.26.tar.gz

gunzip mysql-4.0.26.tar.gz

tar xvf mysql-4.0.26.tar

cd mysql-4.0.26

userdel mysql

groupadd mysql

useradd -g mysql mysql

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --enable-large-files
--enable-shared=yes

make && make install

scripts/mysql_install_db

chown -R root  /usr/local/mysql

chown -R mysql /usr/local/mysql/var

chgrp -R mysql /usr/local/mysql

cp support-files/my-medium.cnf /etc/my.cnf

vi /etc/rc.d/rc.local

    /usr/local/bin/rtpproxy

    export SIP_DOMAIN="globe7.com"

    /usr/local/sbin/ser

    /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &

PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/mysql/bin"

--
Prabhakar.g
Network Engineer