[Serusers] Re: rewrite the FROM part of SIP INVITE

Ricardo Carvalho rcarvalho at iric.up.pt
Fri Sep 8 18:21:16 CEST 2006

It isn't necessary to restore those from-header fields to maintain the
call leg of transactions taking place. As far as I know, by the tests I
made, Ser routes SIP messages based on Call-Id and not as well From and
To tags of messages.
Although this is only true if all UAs that you use are RFC3261compliant.
If some phones that you use implement the old protocol, uses the full
content of From/To for the same purposes, you may get some problems...
It's risky manipulate From/To tags...

Regards,
Ricardo.