[Serusers] log (history of request)

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Thu Sep 7 12:58:44 CEST 2006

Two methods... one more accurate, but not supported by all UAs:

1) SER's user location table (if you're using the DB, it will be in the table
called 'location') is updated when you do a save("location") and stores the
registration information about a particular user. This will show if a user has
a device that has registered to the service as well as an expire time for when
the UA will expire its registration.  This gives sort of an idea of currently
logged-in users, although while many UAs unregister when you shut them
off/exit, not all phones will send a deregistration, so there could be a
period of time when a user isn't technically logged in even though his user
location info has yet to expire. It's a decent rough estimate, though, and
requires nothing to set up other than using the basic SER server code.

2) Set up a presence server using the new SER presence code (I recommend
setting this up as a separate server running in tandem with the main SER
server so you don't have to touch your currently functioning SER server or
mess too much with the config. Just pass the SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY data and
such over to the presence server much the way you'd send certain connections
to an asterisk server.  Presence, if supported by the UA, will give you an
actual time of login and logout... but it's not supported by all UAs and so
you can't necessarily guarantee everyone will be able to use this information
if you're not using a homogeneous network.

N.

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:17:15 +0200, Legos Engineering wrote