[Serusers] Cancel 183 progress (result of forked invite)?

Vamsi Pottangi vamsipottangi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 20:01:28 CEST 2006

Hi,

In my test setup, I have SER as proxy and SEMS as announcement server. In
SER config I'm sending forking invite to SEMS using append_branch for every
call made. For example when User1 dials User2, SER send INVITES to both SEMS
and User2, while the User2 phone rings, announcement is played from SEMS to
User1 using the early media 183 session progress message. Once the User2
answers the call, a CANCEL message is sent to SEMS and normal conversation
happens between User1 and User2 which is expected.

The problem which I'm facing is that when User2 doesn't answer the call or
if rejects the call, SER never sends CANCEL to SEMS, so the annoucement is
being played continously to User1 and User1 is unaware of the remote party
status. How can I configure the SER script to handle such unanswered or call
reject cases and send CANCEL to SEMS and inform User1 about the unanswered
or cancel status?

Does it cancel 183 progress only in case of 200 OK from other invite
session? how can we handle others like 408, 486 etc?

I'm not pasting my ser.cfg here because it is the basic sample script with
just append_branch("SEMS") in case of INVITE.

Did anybody tried out such scenarios? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
~Vamsi