[Serusers] delay to write things in DB when using serctl

Nick Hoffman nick.hoffman at altcall.com
Wed Sep 6 02:26:28 CEST 2006

On Wed September 6 2006 07:15, Ricardo Carvalho <rcarvalho at iric.up.pt>
wrote:
> When I add with serctl some alias to the DB, only after some time it
> appears written in the aliases table of DB. How can I force that to be
> simultaneously written in DB? Any parameter I have to tune in ser.cfg?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ricardo.

Hi Ricardo. You need to set "db_mode" to 2 for the usrloc module, like so:
    modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 1)

There are 3 values usrloc's "db_mode" can have:
    0 = Do not write usrloc data to the database.
    1 = Write usrloc data to the database with no delay.
    2 = Write usrloc data to the database periodically.

This information is included in the usrloc documentation:
    /path/to/ser/source/modules/usrloc/README

Cheers,
-- Nick
e: nick.hoffman at altcall.com
p: +61 7 5591 3588
f: +61 7 5591 6588

If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us and do not make any
use of the email.  We do not waive any privilege, confidentiality or
copyright associated with it.