[Users] [openser] Displaying Caller-ID

Max Gregorian gregorian442 at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 29 21:56:12 CEST 2006

I was about to suggest the same thing (i.e. replace the display name part of
the FROM header). Haven't looked into the other header fields in any great
detail so I cannot say for sure, but the UAC module using uac_replace_from
with/without AVPs should provide you with the aforementioned functionality.

For voip to voip calls, this should not be a problem.

For PSTN to voip however, this may depend on how your provider is handling
DIDs and whether any data-filling of the numbers is done on the softswitch.
Lack of data-filling may be a reason if you are being presented with
'anonymous' regardless of the display name in the FROM field.