[Users] thought exercise

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Thu Sep 28 18:45:38 CEST 2006

>> Probably OPENSER-ONE does not recognize the BYE as targeted to itself

Why would a BYE be targeted at a middle-man?

I acknowledge that I don't check for this in my BYE handler :-)

I did add this as a debug aid:

  if (is_uri_host_local()) {
     xlog("L_ERR", "relay to myself? $rm $ru $si $fu\n");
  }

in my stateful relay handler:

route[1] {
  if (is_uri_host_local()) {
     xlog("L_ERR", "relay to myself? $rm $ru $si $fu\n");
  }
     t_on_reply("1");
     if (!t_relay()) {
        if (method=="INVITE" && isflagset(6)) {
          unforce_rtp_proxy();
        }
        sl_reply_error();
     }
}

but, obviously without understanding, I changed that to:

route[1] {
  if (is_uri_host_local()) {
     xlog("L_ERR", "relay to myself? $rm $ru $si $fu\n");
     sl_send_reply("200", "OK");
  } else {
     t_on_reply("1");
     if (!t_relay()) {
        if (method=="INVITE" && isflagset(6)) {
          unforce_rtp_proxy();
        }
        sl_reply_error();
     }
  }
}

and that seems to snuff this out, but I also have the feeling that
I'm just covering up for a flaw elsewhere.

Thanks,
-mark