[Users] mysql.so missing

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Wed Sep 27 15:29:34 CEST 2006

Largo wrote:
> Hi Ronald
>
> That means U didint compile the
> mysql module !
>
> Fix it like this :
>
> - compiling all the packets :
>
> *make all*
>
> - make with a prefix :
>
> *make prefix=/usr/local/ install*
>

> - now install the excluded packets, as example here mysql for mysql
> database or pgsql for postgresql database support:
>
> *make modules include_modules=”mysql”*
>
> *make install include_modules=”mysql”*

Was the same error at the time I compiled it, ... I had to do first:
"unset CPU"

This made and installed the module mysql.so

> **
>
> ****
>
> ****
>
> - copying the init script to the “/etc/init.d” does not lead to a
> result. The init script already in /usr/local/sbin to the init.d
> directory as shown in the following line:
>
> *ln -s /usr/local/sbin/openser /etc/init.d/openser*

Are you sure?
shouldn't it be openserctl?

I tried ln -s /usr/local/sbin/openserctl /etc/rc.d/openser
(SuSE 10.1 has all init files in /etc/rc.d)

# /etc/rc.d/openser start

Starting OpenSER :
ERROR: PID file /var/run/openser.pid does not exist -- OpenSER start failed

Where have I lost the pid file?

BTW, Largo, you have a nice email address !!!

bye

Ronald