[Users] creating user accounts

Chris Robson Chris.Robson at nrl.navy.mil
Tue Sep 26 11:13:58 CEST 2006

Well I got this to work.  I want to thank all for replying.  Actually I
havent figured out what is causing the problem and hopefully time will
be available to get a better idea why the problem occurred.  To get it
to work I specifically state the install path as follows:  "make
prefix=/usr/local install".  Ergo the needed files are installed into
the path "/usr/local/lib/openser/openserctl".  If  "make install" is
executed to install the files, then files are installed into the path
"/usr/local/openser-1.2.0-presence".  Then by setting
"PATH=/usr/local/openser-1.2.0-presence/sbin:$PATH" one would assume
things would work fine, aka the "which" command will point to the
correct openserctl path.  However, what seems to happen is the needed
openserctl files cant be found.

Anyway, later I will try and pinpoint what path setting needs to happen
to better correct this problem, right now performing the "make
prefix=/usr/local install" sequence cures the problem.

Thanks again.....Chris