[Users] creating user accounts

Chris Robson Chris.Robson at nrl.navy.mil
Mon Sep 25 22:07:50 CEST 2006

Thanks for the reply, but I had already setup the mysql database, to
include adding the new "presence" DB entries.  what I see is the
openserctl utilities "help" doesnt show what the command line is so has
it been removed?  Or is the commandline string been changed from what
onbe did with the SERctl utility?

Thanks

Klaus Fleischmann wrote:
> You have to setup a database (for example mysql) for openser before
> you can add users.
>
> /Klaus
>
> Chris Robson wrote:
>>
>> I used to be able to create user accounts by issuing the following
>> SER command:
>>
>> serctl add UserName UserPassword UserName at email
>>
>> Openser documentation gives the example
>>
>> openserctl add UserName UserPassword UserName at Email
>>
>> But when I do this I get the following error
>>
>> WARINIG: no database engine found - tried ''
>> This command requires a database engine - none was loaded
>>
>> So how do you use openserctl to create new users?
>>
>> Thanks....Chris

Christopher L Robson
Senior Computer Scientist
Naval Research Laboratory