[Users] how to change password of user openser in openser1.1.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Sat Sep 23 13:35:03 CEST 2006

You can use mysql GRANT command to change the passwords for users.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/adding-users.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/passwords.html

For openserctl, you can create a .openserctlrc in your home directory
and set the password there -- if not set, the script will prompt you for
password.

Also, you can edit /usr/local/etc/openserctlrc -- look into this file
anyhow, it contains details about what you can set in your .openserctlrc.