[Users] Re: [Serusers] Please help for software for testing TLS in openser

Mon Sep 18 10:17:41 CEST 2006

Ferianto siregar wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Thank you very much for time to read my problem. Thank you very much...
> All, I have built openser server and I can build it successfully. It
> means that the client can make call each other.
> The openser server that I build is support TLS (in openser.cfg, I enable
> the TLS support).
> But, I need help for testing my TLS in voip communication.
> I have type command : # openser -V , and I can see that the TLS is used.
>
> But,How can I test the openser that supported TLS? because in my
> mind, for testing the TLS, I must have a software that supported TLS.

xlite supports TLS, also minisip

you can also use 2 openser's to talk TLS between the 2 openser's

> So, if the client can communicate each other by using the software phone
> that supported TLS, it means that the TLS have run successfully (because
> TLS use port 5061 ).
> Is this opinion correct?

yes. but make sure the connection is really routed via port 5061/TLS.

Good tools for debugging:

1. ssldump
2. ngrep (check the ports which are used)
3. you can configure openser TLS to use NULL cipher. This way it is TLS
but not encrypted and you can use a packet sniffer to watch the signaling.

regards
klaus