[Users] Aggregating SIP devices

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Sep 6 17:18:15 CEST 2006

Hello everyone,

	I have multiple Asterisk systems registered to an OpenSER server.  Each
of them have several different SIP accessible extensions.  Using
alias_db (or something), I need to be able to create contacts that are
reachable from the OpenSER server to individual extensions on each
Asterisk system.  For instance:

SIP Phone -> Asterisk System -> OpenSER

The SIP phone is registered to the Asterisk system and has an extension
(100).

The Asterisk System is registered to OpenSER and has a usrloc entry
(asterisk).

I would like to setup an alias like this:

asterisk-100

This alias should be able to dynamically get the location of the
Asterisk system from usrloc and reach that extension directly, basically
forming a SIP uri like this:

sip://100@[asterisk server ip address - loaded dynamically from usrloc]

That way, if I were to do this:

External SIP Phone -> OpenSER -> Asterisk System -> SIP Phone (ext 100)

	I could "dial" asterisk-100 from that External SIP phone and get
connected to the Asterisk System at extension 100.

	This would be similar to the following (in Asterisk land):

[sip-in]
exten => asterisk-100,1,Dial(SIP/asterisk/100,20)
exten => asterisk-100,2,Congestion(10)

	The most obvious way to do this is create multiple subscriber entries
for each Asterisk system and one register => line for each entry in
Asterisk.  I would rather not have to do that!!!

	Is this clear enough?  What do you think?

Thanks!

--
Kristian Kielhofner