[Serusers] MySQL confusion

Chris Parkinson chris.parkinson at cox.net
Tue Oct 24 09:11:21 CEST 2006

Hello,

            I'm a complete newbie to SER and I'm having a problem
following the MySQL section of the "getting started" guide.

Whenever I try to use serctl to add a user I get access denied;

LabServ1:/home/chris# export SIP_DOMAIN=mylab.com

LabServ1:/home/chris# serctl add test1 test1pass test1 at mylab.com

MySql password:

ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'serro at localhost' (Using password:
YES)

error: SER/FIFO not accessible: 2

LabServ1:/home/chris#

I think this may be down to the MySQL install.

I've installed MySQL and tested it, however I can't find any
documentation anywhere to show me what users, tables and databases to
setup for SER.

I'm using SER on Debian.

It's quite possible I'm missing something obvious.

I'd appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Chris