[Serusers] serctl ping uri error 408

Ali Zaidi aligzaidi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 12:16:48 CEST 2006

Hi,

Just wondering if someone is facing similar problem.
My setup is SER/MediaProxy/MYSQL on public IP, I have couple of dozen
SPA-1001 all over the internet.
The problem I'm facing is that many of these  ATA SPA-1001 some times do not
ring, so try to ping (serctl ping sip:550505050 at myserver.com) and i get
error 408.
When i restart these ATA everthing starts working but couple of hours later,
it's the same problem.
Not to mention that (serctl showdb)  shows that sip client is registered,
however I still get 408.
I tried the following: (but no success)
1. SPA-1001 change Register Expires: from 3600 to 600
2. re-INVITE TO 30

Can someone help, or maybe there are some manufacturing bug on some linksys
SPA-1001, by the way all my ATA use uniform configs and firmware.
If someone is willing to look into the ngrap, i can show it to you.

Thanks,
Ali...