[Serusers] How-to write a custom module

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Tue Oct 17 13:08:13 CEST 2006

Samuel:

  A while back you responded to one of my posts about writing modules
for SER. I am currently writing a module and I have an issue I do not
understand. I'm hoping you can help.

  I created a directory under the ser-0.9.7-pre3/modules source
directory on my server and placed my code there along with a Makefile.
If I make the code from this directory it compiles with two warnings
including one about running make from the main directory.

  If I cd  to the main directory and run make clean my new subdirectory
is visited as expected. If I then run make my modules does not get
compiled. I believe the new directory is not recognized but I cannot
figure out why. Would you hapen to be able to explain this behavior?

Thank you,
Steve