[Serusers] if power failure happens in UA while call is in progress, Ser accounts wrong

Ricardo Carvalho rcarvalho at iric.up.pt
Mon Oct 16 16:47:20 CEST 2006

After spending some time searching about this problem, It seams that
there are 2 options to solve it:

* configure an appropriate RTP timeout on the gateway. For instance, a
if there is no packets after 10 seconds,  cancel the call.

* configure Ser to modify Session Headers setting an onreply_route with
the following code which "emulates" session-timer support in the user
agent that sent 200 OK:

if (status =~ "2[0-9][0-9]") {
   	remove_hf("Session-Expires");
 	append_hf("Session-Expires: 120;refresher=UAC\r\n");
   };

Some people say that this implementation is a violation of the
Session-Timer draft, and because of that, it's a workaround that only
works with some gateways... I use Asterisk as my PSTN gateway...

For those like me that use Ser+Asterisk, which of these options to solve
this problem do you recommend me? Is there other way that I haven't
found to solve it? Should I trust the emulation of session-timer in Ser?
wouldn't it give me trouble in the future?

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo.