[Serusers] Ser and Syslog

Ricardo Carvalho rcarvalho at iric.up.pt
Fri Oct 13 19:01:34 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to enable Ser to write log and debug messages to syslog, but
I'm not having success...
I'm using Ser-0.9.6 and in my ser.cfg script I have added the following
entries:

log_facility=LOG_LOCAL6
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/xlog.so"

And in among the routes code I've added lines like this:

xlog("L_INFO", "request method: [$rm], from URI: [$fu], To URI: [$tu]");

I've added to the file /etc/syslog.conf the following line:

local6.* /var/log/voip.log

But nothing gets written to that file, not even to /var/log/messages
file! Although, if I make log_stderror=yes in ser.cfg, all log and debug
messages are shown just like was expected to the sterror!

What am I doing wrong? What is lacking?

Regards,
Ricardo.